FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
- How I can register myself for admission to a course offered by Cluster University of Jammu? Ans. You can register online for any course through the University Admission Portal http://cluj.admissionhelp.com and follow the guidelines to proceed.
- I am unable to receive OTP on my mobile phone during registration? Ans. OTP is sent on your mobile phone as well as on your registered email id. If you are unable to receive OTP on your mobile phone, you are requested to check your registered email id for the OTP.
- Is the online registration mandatory for all the candidates applying for admission in the Cluster University of Jammu? Ans. YES, online registration is mandatory for all candidates applying for admission to any course of Cluster University of Jammu.
- Is there a way to apply for admission through offline mode? Ans. No, there is no offline form. You have to apply through the University Online Admission Portal only.
- I have registered online on the University Admission Portal. Do I still need to fill up the offline form for undergraduate admission? Ans. No, there’s no offline form.
- Can I apply in multiple programmes/courses in an online form? Ans. There are two types of admissions in Cluster University of Jammu: one for UG and another for UG (Hons.) & PG integrated (Hons.) programmes. A candidate can apply for any programme under these two processes (i.e both based on merit) of admission separately through online mode only.
- Is it possible to change/update the information provided by the applicant in the online application form, once the admission fee is submitted? Ans. No, the applicant can’t change/update the information once the admission fee is submitted.
- I made an error in my online registration form. Do I need to register again using different email-Id? Ans. No, the portal allows you to register only once. However, you can rectify error by logging again into your account through the “Edit” button at the end of each session/page till the online registration portal is open & the fee is not paid.
- How to pay registration fee on University Admission Portal? Ans. The payment is accepted online only through Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking.
- Why am I not able to preview my application and also not able to pay the fee? Ans. Please ensure that you have:
- How does one apply through the ECA or Sports Quota? Is there a separate fee for applying to these quotas? Ans. You can apply for ECA and Sports quota by selecting appropriate options in registration form. There is no additional fee for applying under ECA or Sports quota.
- Is it possible to apply under ECA/Sports Category once I have paid my registration fee. Ans. Yes, you will be able to apply under ECA/Sports Category by selecting appropriate option as the time of filling of application forms.
- Will there be any disadvantage for gap year students? Ans. No, there is no disadvantage for gap year students and they would be treated at par with regular students, provided they should meet the requisite criteria for admission and must possess the necessary documents/certificates.
- Will the applicants be given admission on a first come, first serve policy after declaration of merit lists? Ans. Admission in the colleges is not based on first come first serve policy. Instead, the applicant who has filled the online registration form and satisfies the criteria and cut-off for a particular programme/course in a particular college will be considered for admission according to merit and as per the notified admission schedule.
- Can I take admission in two different courses or same course in different colleges after declaration of a cut off? Ans. No, you cannot take admission simultaneously in two different courses or same courses in different colleges. In case you take admission at two places, your admission will be cancelled from both the colleges/courses.
- I have completed my class 12thfrom NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling). Can I get admission in a regular college? Ans. Yes, you can get admission in a regular college provided you have applied in an available programme/course and meet the cut-off criteria.
- Is it important to have reserved category certificate in the name of a candidate/applicant? Ans. Yes, if you are applying under any reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/PwD), then you must have the latest Caste/Tribe/PwD certificate in your name. The OBC certificate must also specify that candidate belongs to non-creamy layer and the caste is listed in the Central Government list.
- I would like to change my “Applicant’s details”, which I filled during the “New User registration”. Can I do that? Ans. No, you cannot change that information later on. Be careful in filling the information.
- My internet got disconnected while filling the form. What should I do? Ans. When you get the internet connection, login again with your credentials and fill the information again.
- What should I do if I filled an incorrect email address while registering? Ans. You have to register again with the correct email address to fill the registration form.
- Do I need to fill separate forms for applying to different colleges? Ans. No, by filling the single online registration form you are eligible for admission to different colleges of the University, provided you meet the specific eligibility criteria for admission to a particular course.
- On the online portal, I have created my account and filled my registration form. Can I use the same account to fill the registration form for my friend? Ans. No, only a single applicant can apply from one account for UG Admissions. Each applicant/candidate must create a separate account and fill the separate online registration form.
- Is an applicant/candidate required to be present in-person on the day of admission? Ans. Yes, it is mandatory for the applicant to be present on the day of admission in the college along with the requisite documents/certificates.
- Can an applicant for an Undergraduate Hons.Programme be considered for admission in the general Programme in the same College or not? Ans. Applicants are required to apply for all programmes/courses in which he or she intends to apply for admission. The admission shall be considered with respect to the programmes/courses applied in the filled online application form. Applicants are therefore advised to fill up the Online Registration Form for all the programme/courses where the applicants wish to apply for admission.
- Will registration fee be refunded or adjusted, if I change my category? Ans. The registration fee is mandatory for all categories and will not be refunded or adjusted in any circumstances.
- I am married and above eighteen years. Can I apply? Ans. Yes, you can. Marital status is not at all a criterion for rejection.
i. Completed the mandatory fields (marked with red asterisk) on every page.
ii. You have uploaded the required documents under the section ‘Uploads’.